As I’ve been telling you the importance of grounding yourself for years now, today we’re adding in another component which is running earth and cosmic energy through your body.
Running earth energy helps soothe and calm your body and anchors you more thoroughly to the planet.
Running cosmic energy helps you to connect more deeply to the truer, expansive you and to Source/The Universe/Divinity and the divine in you.
Together they help you be more present to yourself and better able to respond to the world.
When I used to teach at the Berkeley Psychic Institute, what I’m teaching you in this blog, I would teach over a six-week course. So it’s very important that you read all of my notes below ahead of time, before just diving in.
* I speak as if you’re familiar with creating a grounding cord and a shield. If you’re new to this process, listen to my grounding meditation first, before diving into this one. Listen here.
* I do recommend sitting in a chair or on a couch as it’s most beneficial to have your feet on the ground.
* If you’ve already created a shield and a grounding cord the day before, take a moment before you begin to remove both. Imagine the grounding cord unhooking and dropping away from your spine and your first chakra, and allow it to explode as it falls into the planet. Then imagine easily removing and popping your shield, exploding and releasing it as well.
* When I set the energy at the beginning, I say, “sacred and protected.” I say protected not because there’s something to fear outside of you, I say it to help you hold space for deep connection, while keeping interfering energies out.
* There are some teachers who say that cosmic energy only goes down and earth energy only goes up. That wasn’t the way I was originally taught almost 30 (!) years ago and it never feels right to me. However, it might feel right to you. So modify as you see fit for you. The way I do it every morning anchors me into my body and feels good. You need to discover the same.
* On that vein, when I tell you to run earth energy, you can run any color you like, be it the blues and greens that are inherent in the earth, or maybe you prefer the oranges and reds like the magma. Every body is different: someone who’s very airy or out of their body a lot like I can be, needs the blues and greens as they’re much more calming and grounding. People I know that are very earthy and grounded inherently, tend to like the reds and oranges better because they’re a bit of a zippier energy and earthy people can sometimes need that lightness.
* Play around with it because each color will feel different to you. Personally I love pine green, that is my daily go-to because it’s very grounding and earthy to me.
* Never do black or white.
* Brown is fabulous to run if you’re super out of your body, scattered, and you need to feel more present. Let it feel like a soothing mud bath for your whole system, calming you down and bringing you in tune with slower frequencies of the earth.
* Regarding cosmic energy, same thing- never run black obviously, but neither would I run white light. That is a super high vibration and can have the opposite effect of what we’re going for in that it can shoot you out of your body and the point of this is to get you into your body.
* I forgot the word “Source” when I was recording the meditation so to be clear, ask that the neutral cosmic energy comes from Source.
* Cosmic energy moves much more quickly through your system than earth energy, so you may notice that I don’t pause as much when bringing in the cosmic energy.
* If you feel really spun out, anxious, or scattered, then maybe that day you simply run earth energy, not adding in cosmic energy. You just connect more deeply to the earth and allow it to transmute the energies knocking you out of balance.
* Shields help deflect energy coming at you, but they’re not infallible. Sometimes you inadvertently allow energies in, or nasty energies blow your shield out. You may need to create multiple shields throughout the day.
* At the end when we fill with unconditional love and light, you can see that ball of energy as white light versus gold if you desire, but if you’re incredibly ungrounded, fill yourself with gold, rose pink, violet, or blue versus white. As I said above, white can actually knock you out of your body so play around with what you need. Sometimes I blend gold and white.
If you have any questions about anything above, don’t hesitate to reach out and ask me.
Take the time for yourself each morning, or as often as you can, and stay in a bubble of peace and connection as you run energy. Don’t let the outside world into your meditative time, use that time to disengage from the collective.
Your answers are within you, as are your enoughness, your acceptance, and your peace. They’re not found outside of you, but in the quiet within.
So settle into yourself and give yourself this gift of presence and healing.
Today I’m releasing a new grounding meditation. Why you might ask when I’ve done this before? Because we need to be grounded and present more than ever.
It’s not enough to do as I’ve said in the past and just see the grounding cord go into the earth. Now it's necessary to be extra specific and root into the inner core. Many are grounding on a more surface level and thus feeling the chaos in the world, versus the deep, earthy, gravitational healing energy.
In the meditation, I also help get you centered into yourself and disconnected, in a good way, from the amped up energies around you.
This is something you do daily. When you start your day this way each morning, you will respond to people/circumstances from a place of more empowerment. There’s a reason I’ve done this consistently each morning for over 25 years now. It doesn’t mean you won’t have issues come up, but when you’re grounded and present, you’ll be better equipped to handle what does arise.
- Disconnect your current grounding cord every morning, or before each time you create a new one. Life happens and situations may arise that knock you out of your body and in need of a new cord. I imagine my current one easily unhooking from each chakra and from my aura, and dropping away. Then I picture it exploding.
- You may need to create a shield more than once in a day if you take on someone else’s stuff or if you lose your space. Again, it’s not infallible, sometimes you need to re-create it. If you’re in a conversation with a difficult person, make sure part of you is aware that your shield is up. The more you become aware of it, the more you’ll feel the effects.
- I say "shield" versus "protection." Here’s why:
Right now, say, “I need protection.” How do you feel? Maybe a little scared?
Then say, “I need shielding.” Notice the difference in your body.
Saying you need protection weakens your system as if something external can infiltrate and overtake you. Shielding brings you to a state of empowerment within yourself. As if you’re a warrior.
The only other thing I’ll add, is make this personal for you: play with shield colors, grounding styles and colors- find what works best for you. Veer from my map if you desire and create something that resonates and that you’ll do consistently.
Happy grounding and may it help you feel much more present and empowered!
Music: "Cleanse and Uplift," by Marisa Imon
I’ve been listening to many of you and I know the pain of loneliness is immense right now. So for those of you experiencing this, I’ve recorded a guided meditation to release the pain, to bring you back to a state of oneness, and to help you to see who you really are.
Part of transcending loneliness involves a greater depth of connection with yourself because as you see the truth of who you are, you realize you're never alone.
This meditation is also for those feeling disconnected in any way, or for those experiencing any isolating feelings such as grief or pain - anything that causes you to feel that no one is there for you.
May it help tremendously.
Music by J. Jessup
I know you’re overloaded, so today, we’re focusing on what we can control and do during this time.
As much as you can, don’t feed the fear. Remember this brilliant quote:
“I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Here’s what has helped me tons, may it bring you peace and sanity as well!
1: Say the Archangel Michael prayer:
You need to keep your space clear. Just going outside right now you will most likely pick up lower vibrational energies that feed on this panic. Use the prayer - especially if you feel angry. It could be yours or other people’s. Remember, people are angry because they’re scared.
Click here for the prayer.
2: Separate out energy:
You need to disconnect your energy from those around you. It takes only a few minutes and I highly recommend you do it often.
Here is the typical script I use. I added a few specifics for right now in parentheses. The visualizing below each part is part of the process:
“My Higher Self, please take everyone’s energy (fears, hysteria, terror, chaos) and power, out of my aura and body, send it all into the light of Divine Source to be cleansed, rinsed and healed, transmuted and transformed into pure love and light (peace and calm) and then returned to wherever it goes.”
(Imagine it all leaving your space, going into the light. Then see it flowing back out of the light as beautiful love and light, raining down on where/who it came from.)
“And please call all of my energy and power back from everybody’s auras and bodies, (if you’ve been out you can add: from any stores I was in, from driving) and send it all into the light of Divine Source to be cleansed, rinsed, and healed, transmuted and transformed into unconditional love and light, and then returned to me.”
As that is happening, add; "Cut all cords between me and anyone I was in contact with and shut down any energy exchange."
(Then see your energy and power being returned to you as pure love and light, filling your space to overflowing; every cell, every atom of your being, filled with pure light, energizing and replenishing you.)
I say this as often as needed throughout the day and for sure before bed.
I have a video on my resources page showing a way to do this but this script is more detailed for you.
3: Call your energy close to you:
Imagine all of the energy that you’re currently sending out, turning and facing in towards you. It’s yours, keep it. Once you feel it back around you then:
4: Put a bubble of protection around you:
I like violet, it repels negativity. You can use whatever color you prefer, all are fabulous: blue, rose pink, green, white, gold- do what appeals to you. I ask that my bubble vibrate at pure love. Pure love is a very strong shield.
5: Breathe, Connect to the planet, Feel the earth, and Ground:
More than ever you need to ground. The energy and hysteria is designed to keep you out of body. You have to connect to the earth. If you notice you can’t sit still or you’re wandering aimlessly without focus or you just want to watch the news- you’re ungrounded.
I have many previous blogs on this. Look in the category section under the archived blogs to read more.
It can be a super simple, just speak your own fears, angers, worries etc. while the tapping the points. Then switch to positive statements when you’ve released the negative.
I made you a video to help. Watch below at the bottom of the blog.
7: Epsom Salt Bath:
It’s a godsend to get people and negative energy out of your space. It works amazingly well when nothing else will or when negative energies are hiding in your space. Salt has a powerful cleansing effect.
8: Turn your attention off of yourself and help someone else:
Send love and light to someone you know who’s having a hard time, and then, send it to the whole world. Visualize the world being held in a bubble of healing and siphon all the pain, fear, and trauma up into the light of Source. Be part of the solution! Whenever you’re wrapped up in your own issues/problems, the fastest way through is to help someone else.
9: Retreat from social media and the news, except in small snippets:
For the most part, those mediums amp up the issue without offering solutions or hope. It can dive-bomb you. Be selective. Don’t feed the fear!
10: Do a meditation to co-create a positive future:
I recorded this for you to not only co-create a positive future for the world, but also for yourself.
I’ve kept the meditation more general so that it can be used for any issues/crises going on in the world.
You can’t solve a problem if that’s all you see so hopefully this will help you gain perspective.
Listen at the bottom of the blog.
It can be hard to remember in the midst of this hysteria, but you create your reality. Personally, I refuse to allow a reality of limited freedom for much longer. I value freedom, I value peace. I refuse a reality of hysteria. Take your power back and do not feed the fear. It’s not being ignorant, you can be wise, and simultaneously, be empowered.
Everyday fill yourself with light from Source, as if being filled with a giant sun illuminating and shining from within, snuffing out any and all darkness. Literally be the light.
And since we are in a global pause, what is the world you would like to see as we come out of this?
I’ve often talked about the power of pause as a reset. What is it you would like to happen as the play button gets hit again? You can choose to see beauty, or you can choose to see darkness: the choice is yours.
Have a calm, empowered week!
Here is your guided meditation:
Here is your tapping video:
Many of us have an issue with over-thinking: going into a mental spin and working ourselves up. Sometimes it’s with the overwhelm of all we need to accomplish, sometimes it’s because we’re taking things personally that aren’t personal (nothing is by the way), and sometimes it’s because we’re taking on too much/doing too much/trying to control everything.
These are just a few examples, the point is, we over-think things to death. We harp on issues of, “What did he mean when he said that to me?” or “Everything has to be done perfectly and I don’t have enough time!” By the way, lack of anything- time, money- is a huge precursor to the mental spin.
We think, think, think and what does all that thinking that bring about? Stress.
As Louise Kay (not Hay) says, it’s time to “Stop thinking and start feeling!” We need to slow things down. (Which is the greatest irony of the fear of not enough time. By slowing down, we actually gain time).
So how do we do that? When we’re in a spin and can’t quiet our minds, what’s the solution?
Focus on your feet.
“What?” you may be saying, “How is focusing on my feet going to help?”
Here’s how- by focusing on your feet and really feeling into them, you get out of your mind and back into your body. The feet are connected to the root chakra so it’s a way to ground and anchor yourself in. When you’re grounded, you can respond more truthfully and with wisdom to what you need to do. You can let go of things that really don’t matter. You can be present to what’s in front of you and make empowered choices.
The spin is tool of the negative ego; anchoring into the depth of your body is the way to combat that.
I’ve recorded a short meditation to help you with this very thing. It’ll be especially useful for when the spin is so bad, you need outside support to slow down and focus.
Bookmark this meditation so you have it available to help you when you need it most.
And remember, all your power is in your ability to be present and grounded. That’s where the answers and insights can come easily and elegantly to you. So get out of your head, and into your body.
Meditation Music by Marisa Imon
Today I’m giving you a meditation for grounding. It’s based on a technique I learned in my early 20s at the Marin Psychic Institute. Over time I've refined it and added components from both Lazaris and Dr. Sue Morter. I do this each and every morning.
It is imperative that you ground. Earth energy calms anxieties, as well as the frenetic energy of society, and all the craziness of computers and EMFs.
I have been noticing for the past few months that my 8th chakra has become integral to my grounding practice, and wonderfully, I heard a FB live this past weekend from Belinda Davidson, a psychic with whom I have taken classes, and she said the very same thing. So clearly something is going on that we need a deeper level of anchoring given all the chaos on the planet.
So here is an introduction to get you grounded and into your body. You need to be in your body to both create your reality, and to experience the fullness of life.
I have more I can teach you and add over time, but for now, master this and your days will completely change.
Safety is such a big issue for so many of you; truly feeling safe in your body, on the planet, and in your reality. I made you a guided meditation, based off of things I’ve done with some of you in sessions, to listen to during those times of anxiety, overwhelm, when you feel out of control, and are emotionally spinning. It’s 9 minutes long and will help you to center yourself, get calm, and release all that you are negatively holding onto. It is designed to get into the subconscious through the repetition of positive statements.
Listen now, or bookmark it for when you need it most.
After listening, let me know if it helped.
P.S.- I want to give a shout out to Marisa Imon for her beautiful music.
Appreciation is defined as “the recognition and enjoyment of the good qualities of someone or something.”
Appreciation is different than gratitude. Gratitude is thankfulness, and you most certainly can have gratitude towards what you appreciate. But for now, let’s dive into appreciation. How often do you really look at the people in your life, your circumstances, your surroundings, and most importantly, yourself, and truly feel a sense of appreciation towards those things? When you stop to notice, you can become aware of the way in which that friend always knows what to say, or the way your spouse takes care of things you hate doing, maybe it’s the way your favorite barista/waitress greets you with a smile. It can be simple, it can be complex, but this week I want you to focus on what you appreciate in another. Remember, what you focus on, expands.
My friend Sheva teaches and lectures for HeartMath and she taught me a brilliant technique around appreciation. This is my abridged version for you:
While focusing on your heart, breathe in and out of that area. Take your time. Get yourself calm and centered as you do so. Think about something/someone you greatly appreciate and breathe that appreciation for them/that thing, while continuing to focus on your heart. Notice how that energy of appreciation lifts you and maybe brings a smile to your face. After a minute or two, turn that energy of appreciation inward and appreciate yourself. Feel that appreciation move throughout your space, elevating and energizing you. Stay in that energy of appreciation, and when you are ready, open your eyes and move about your day, exhilarated and uplifted.
(To hear a guided version of this meditation, see below)
We are so hard on ourselves, it is necessary to take the time to say, “Wow self, I so appreciate you!” Sometimes we get so caught up in what isn’t working, that we forget to stop and appreciate what is. Appreciation goes much farther than perfection and driving yourself.
Yes you can be specific, but you can also just be in the energy of appreciation and receive it with every aspect of your being. With self-appreciation, comes self-love. The more you can appreciate yourself, the deeper your self-love will become.
This week, take the time to appreciate yourself, and others. Life becomes much more joyful when you do.
This week, I've recorded a 5 minute guided exercise to help you. This comes courtesy of Stuart Rogers, a brilliant acting teacher who I used to study with. He would have us do this exercise to get us present and grounded. I loved it so much for it's power and simplicity, that I wrote a mini version of it into our wedding ceremony to get everyone, and especially myself, present. When you're feeling ungrounded, take a moment for yourself, and listen to this, while sitting in a chair.
Me, Tina Germain, just sharing ways to make you the best you can be!